Conference Activities Board (CAB) of IEEE Kerala Section
Members of CAB
- Prof. Lillykutty Jacob, NIT Calicut (Chair)
- Prof. Bijuna Kunju, TKM College of Engineering Kollam
- Prof. Suresh Kumaraswamy, College of Engineering Trivandrum
- Prof. Jobin Francis , IIT Palakkad
- Prof .Biju K, College of Engineering Munnar
- Prof. Bijoy Antony Jose, CUSAT, Kochi
- Dr. C. V. Anil Kumar, CE, Karunagappally (Convenor)
Application Procedure for Technical Co-Sponsorship of IEEE Kerala Section
- The organizers submit the conference application form, along with a formal request letter signed by the Head of Institution to the CAB Convenor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Convener circulates the request to the members of the CAB
- CAB members review the application (may typically take 14 days)
- Decision is taken (Approved /Approved with conditions /Rejected) in the CAB meeting and the same is communicated to the organizers.
- If approved by CAB, the organizers should initiate Conference Application online. The Section Chair then approves the Conference Application
General Terms and Conditions (applicable for Technical Co-Sponsorship)
- A revised technical Co-Sponsorship fee of USD1450/- per conference is charged by IEEE HQ.
A fee of INR 25,000 plus GST is payable to IEEE Kerala Section. The organizers have to make the remittance of this fee after the CAB approval and before the Section Chair signs the MOU from IEEE HQ.
(they can collect from the Section office (email@example.com) an invoice / pre-receipt (with Section bank account details), towards this payment.)
- The organizers have to submit a very brief report about the conference to IEEE Kerala Section, immediately after the conference.
- If the accepted papers need to be published in IEEE Xplore, USD 22.00, per paper will be charged by IEEE HQ.
- List of Conferences considered for (Co) Sponsorship by IEEE Kerala Section for can be viewed Here
Financial Co-Sponsorship of IEEE Kerala Section
The Institutions seeking Financial Co-Sponsorship (FCS) from IEEE Kerala Section should satisfy the following requirements:
- An active IEEE SB with a minimum 25 active student members
- Minimum Five IEEE professional members
- Good number of faculty members having PhD
- Good number of quality faculty publications
- Good facility for conducting international conferences
- Exposure of faculty to quality conferences abroad
- Experience of organizing at least one TCS conference with IEEE Kerala section
- Own GSTN, PAN and TAN
- TCS or FCS from at least one IEEE technical society
- NIRF ranking within 250
MoU template : View/ Download
- 2020 Conferences
- PESGRE2020 – The first biennial IEEE International conference on Power Electronics, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, PESGRE2020, ended on 4th January 2020 after an exciting and productive three days of non-stop activities, stimulating discussions, and prolific exchange of ideas between 450 attending power Electronics and Energy Systems professionals and researchers from 15 countries. The conference was and organized by IA/IE/PELS Jt. Chapter Kerala and was co-sponsored by IEEE Industry Applications society, IEEE Power Electronics Society, and IEEE Kerala section. The conference focused on the challenges, latest developments and upcoming technologies in power electronic systems, electric drives, renewable energy resources and the operation in the smart grid environment. With this year’s conference located in Cochin, Kerala, India, PESGRE2020 emphasized the theme of “Power Electronics and renewable energy for sustainable development” and the conference opened with an inaugural address from Prof. Wang Peng, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. View Report Here
- 2019 Conferences
- 2018 Conferences
- RAICS 2018 – IEEE RAICS 2018, the fourth edition of the International Conference on Recent Advances in Computational Systems organized by the IEEE Kerala Section, is scheduled to be held in Trivandrum, Kerala, India during December 6-8, 2018. This conference is a flagship event of IEEE Kerala section and would cater to the frontier areas of intelligent computation and its diversified application in various technological fields. The theme of RAICS is “Smart systems for a smarter world”. The theme and tracks of the conference have been chosen considering the interest of various societies of IEEE, recent trends in the industry, and the state of art in the areas of intelligent computation systems. In addition to eight technical tracks, the IEEE RAICS 2018 conference has keynote addresses by reputed speakers, panel sessions, and open forums to facilitate interaction among young researchers, students, academicians, technologists, and engineers.
- IEEE Women In Engineering International Leadership Summit 2018 – A global high profile summit showcasing women talents who have accomplished phenomenal success in their respective fields be it business, technology, arts or humanitarian cause. To be held in Kerala for the first time ever, the conference seeks to celebrate womanhood by generating innovative ideas from technologists, entrepreneurs, artists, architects and humanitarians who are women and to develop strategies which aims for the wholesome development of women, especially in their life as a professional or in their pursuits of passion. On 7th and 8th of September, the golden shores of Kochi would be a host for the prolific women who have outshined and who would put their heads together with men to share their experiences and life journeys which would prove to be a trendsetter for the future WIE ILS Summits. You can anticipate a lifetime empowering experience for women of all genres! So if you want to learn the mantras to be chanted for achieving that edge in life for enlightening the world – Be there for sure, at Kochi! The goal of WIE being to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally, the program in Kochi is outlined to inspire live action and fuel up creative fires and experiences that span over various field of profession and passion; Offering you the community and connection, the information and inspiration, the motivation and momentum to help you discover what you are; in order to explore those hidden potentials within you which would unleash your true self in years to come!
- TENSYMP 2017-IEEE TENSYMP is the Spring Conference of IEEE Region 10. TENSYMP 2017 will be held at the picturesque location in Cochin, Kerala, India. IEEE TENSYMP 2017 will be the meeting point of researchers, industry and the Government and will explore the latest developments in the technologies for Smart Cities. Cochin itself has been selected by Government of India, to be developed as a Smart City. TENSYMP 2017 will also feature high-quality tutorials, workshops and Industry sessions, as well as keynotes from prominent research and industry leaders. For more details, visit www.tensymp2017.org
- IEEE SPICES 2018 – The International Conference on “Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems (SPICES)” is to be held at Kollam, Kerala, India. It is expected to be a platform for technical exchange amongst researchers from academia, research laboratories, and industries in various emerging fields of Signal Processing, Communication, Computer Science, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Electric Drives, Instrumentation and Control Systems spanning across five tracks. The technical program includes keynote speeches, plenary talks, regular technical sessions, and special sessions. For more details, visit www.ieee-spices.org
- ISTAS 2016