IEEE ComSoc Kerala Chapter and ComSoc Bangalore Chapter jointly launch the annual event specially for graduates (PG and PhD) students/scholars. In this congress, graduated students in the previous year; for example, for the event in March 2019, all students who graduated (Final thesis defense/viva completed) in 2018 would submit the synopsis and other details as mentioned below and present their work in 7 minutes to the audience and panellists. Based on the work quality and other details, 4 best ME/MTech/MS/ thesis and 3 best PhD thesis (total great 7) will be awarded. The award will carry 20,000/- INR for each PhD and 15,000/- INR for each MS/ME/MTech and Certificate of recognition. The certificate will also be given to corresponding Supervisor/Co-Supervisor in recognition as the best supervisor/Co-supervisor of the year.
The first edition of the congress is planned on 29-30 March in Bangalore. All eligible graduated students of 2018 from Kerala State and Karnataka state can submit their synopsis.
For more details, visit the links:
For registration of your thesis synopsis, go to this link (Please read the instruction and eligibility criteria before submission. https://in.
The following are the eligibility for the candidate:
- Graduated (defended the thesis) in 2018 that is, all those who have completed the final viva between 01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018.
- Graduated from any of the institutions/colleges in the states of Karnataka and Kerala.
- Thesis from the broad areas of Communication and Networking.
Procedures of evaluation:
- Initial screening of submission by Technical Organizing Committees and experts.
- The panellist (experts from the domain area) who will be going through the short listed synopsis.
- Presentation by candidate during the congress.
- Feedback (form will be distributed) from audience collected during the presentation.
The following document submissions are required:
- Synopsis about 5-6 pages
- Abstract (exactly the same as in submitted thesis- Scan copy of abstract page and the page(s) of signatures of all examiners)
- Original contribution (if not included in the synopsis)
- Details of institutions and period of registration, submission of thesis and final viva (defense) of the thesis.
- Supervisor/Co-supervisor details and a Confirmation of his/her consent
- HoD/Principal signature of viva completion (if signature page is missing)
- Signature of Supervisor and or Co-Supervisor on each document. In case, supervisor is away, eSignature accepted- All documents in zip file can be cc’d to supervisor with main address to congress organizer with a subject heading of “Submitted copy of MTech or PhD Thesis”.
Please Note – Most of the documents (scanned) should be of maximum 200kB – restriction by Explara file upload.
Candidate has to bring one copy of the main thesis. (It might be given back to the candidate).
Result will be announced in the afternoon of the second day. The award and certificate distribution will take place immediately after the announcement. The decision of the award will be final at discretion of Panel members.
Details about the call will be available later through eNotice or college contacts. Some of the additional information are:
- Candidate has to submit the details online and must register for the congress (https://in.explara.com/e/
- Candidate has to make his/her own travel arrangements and stay (however, we may help them to get cost effective stay in guest house, hostels of some of the colleges nearby)
- There will be some registration charges involved, however, reasonable.
- Call for submission will open on 30 November 2018.
- Submission dead line 21 January 2019.
- Notification of the shortlisted thesis 28 February 2019.