LIFE MEMBER AFFINITY GROUP IEEE KERALA SECTION
Office Bearers for 2017
CHAIR: MURALEEMOHAN LAL J.
VICE CHAIR: HAREENDRALAL A.G.
- 10.30 am on 3 May 2016 at Knowledge House, Trivandrum
- 2.30 pm on 2 June 2016 at Darshan, Trivandrum
- 4.30 pm on 29 June 2016 at the Visweswarayya Bhavan, Trivandrum
- 2.30 pm on 13 July 2016 at Thusharam, Trivandrum
- 2.30 pm on 17 Aug 2016 at Radheshyam, Trivandrum
- 4.00 pm on 11 Oct 2016 at Poovar Island Resort, Poovar
- 10.00 am on 31 December 2016 at Uthradam Towers (AGM)
- Tech Talk – “Design of Electrical System of a Multi Storeyed Building – A Structured and Modular Approach” by A.G. Hareendralal at John Cox Engineering College, Trivandrum – 29 Jan 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Future of Power Systems” by Prof. V. K. Damodaran at Student Branch of Heera College of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum – 18 Feb 2016.
- A Workshop on “Design of Electrical System of a Multi Storeyed Building – A Structured and Modular Approach” by A.G. Hareendralal at T.K.M. College of Engineering, Kollam – 01 Mar 2016.
- A Workshop on “Design of Electrical System of a Multi Storeyed Building – A Structured and Modular Approach” by A.G. Hareendralal at Mohandas College of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum -11 Mar 2016.
- Presentation on “Class Room to Board Room and Introduction of IEEE” by A.Suhair and Introduction to IEEE by A. G. Hareendralalal at Muslim Association College, Venjaranmmoodu – 9 May 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Science Popularization on Contemporary Topics” by Prof. V. K. Damodaran at Central Tuber Crops Research Institute, Sreekariyam, Trivandrum – 30 May 2016.
- Key Note Presentation – “Imponderables in India’s Journey from COP 21 to Smart Grids, Energy Efficiency and Scaling up Renewables” by Prof. V. K. Damodaran at the International Workshop on Future India – 24 Jun 2016.
- Tech Talk – “A Tectonic Drift to Sustainable Energy – Why?” by Prof. V. K. Damodaran at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Gachibowli Campus, Hyderabad – 27 June 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Design of Solar PV System” by Dr Madhu Mangal at the Visweswarayya Bhavan, Trivandrum on 29 June 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Professional Ethics” by Prof. V. K. Damodaran at LBS College of Engg. & Technology for Women, Trivandrum – 29 Jul 2016.
- Tech Talk – “India’s Journey from COP 21 to Smart Grids” by Prof. V. K. Damodaran at Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi, Tamilnadu on 8 Aug 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Why Road to Renewables is still Bumpy?” Prof V.K. Damodaran at the Visweswarayya Bhavan on 17 Aug 2016. This was one of the Wednesday Technical Programs conducted at the Visweswarayya Bhavan, Trivandrum jointly organised by IEEE Kerala Section and six other professional bodies along with LMAG Kerala Section.
- Tech Talk – “Exponential Technology” by A.G. Hareendralal at Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur – 24 Sept 2016. – Jointly with PES Kerala Chapter, in connection with the inauguration of IEEE PES Student Branch Chapter.
- Invited Tech Talk – “Energy and Environment” by Prof. V.K. Damodaran at Govt. Engineering College, Barton Hill, Trivandrum – 28 Sept 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Design of Electrical System of a Multi Storeyed Building – A Structured and Modular Approach” by A.G. Hareendralal at Govt. Engineering College, Karunagappally – 29 Sept 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Exponential Technology” by A.G. Hareendralal at Lourdes Matha Govt. Engineering College, Kuttichal, Trivandrum – 4 Oct 2016. Jointly with PES Kerala Chapter in an Engineering College in connection with IEEE day celebrations.
- Invited Talk – “Urbanization & Environment” by Prof. V.K. Damodaran in the 12th Kerala Environment Congress organised by Centre for Environment and Development at Energy Management Centre, Trivandrum- 29 Nov 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Energy Conservation – Why and How?” by Prof. V.K. Damodaran at Hindustan Lifecare Ltd., Peroorkada Factory in connection with the National Energy Conservation Day celebrations- 8 Dec 2016.
- Tech Talk – “Save Energy, Save Nation – Why we need to Conserve Energy?” by Prof V.K. Damodaran at the World Energy Conservation Day celebrations organised by Institution of Engineers, EMC, ANERT, KSEB, SEEM and IEEE -14 Dec 2016.
Children’s Science Congress
Children’s Science Congress was organised in connection with the International Year of Light (IYL) celebrations at Cochin University of Science &Technology, Kochi, by LMAG Kerala Section jointly with KSSP, IEEE Kerala Section and Kochi Sub-Section from 5 – 7 April 2016. Prof V.K. Damodaran, LSM was the Chief Coordinator of the project. In the final phase of the project 146 school students and 28 teacher guides participated in the Photonics Science & Technology Projects.
Wikipedia Malayalam Contributors’ Training Workshop
A Workshop was organised on 4 – 5 May 2016 by LMAG Kerala Section jointly with Vakkom Moulavi Foundation Trust, an NGO based in Trivandrum for training contributors to Wikipedia in the local language, Malayalam. This program was coordinated by LMAG leaders V.K. Damodaran, A.G. Hareendralal and A. Suhair.
“Why Not?” – Humanitarian Technology Workshop
A 10 day residential camp was organised from 16 – 25 April 2016 for visually challenged students to appreciate science & technology related higher studies – Use of computers, DAISY & E-pub platforms, excelling in science without eye sight. This program was led by Kerala Section LMAG, SIGHT and the NGO by name Chakshumathi at the Mar Baselios Renewal Centre under the leadership of Prof. V. K. Damodaran.
Shastra Vismaya (Wonders of Science) – Social Justice Workshop
Shastra Vismaya Project (Wonders of Science) held at Agali, Palakkad district on 12 June 2016 is a unique initiative of Kerala Section to attract socially disadvantaged children under the age group 10 to 15 years towards study of science and technology. The program was conceived and implemented by the Women in Engineering (WIE) affinity group, guided by the Section’s Life Member Affinity Group with the active involvement of the Young Professionals and SIGHT Affinity groups and in collaboration with the Department of Social Justice, Govt. of Kerala,. Volunteers from many IEEE student branches took part in this project. Sixty children participated in the project.
A family of 5 LMAG members participated in a Family Technical Excursion to Liquid Propulsion System Centre (LPSC), Valiyamala on 1 July 2016. LPSC is a Division of ISRO conducting state of the art research in the field of liquid propulsion technology for space vehicles.
Family Night-Out Program
Five Life Members of LMAG Kerala Section participated in a Family Night-Out program in Poovar Island Resort, Trivandrum on 11 Oct 2016. It was a unique experience for the members and their family – another opportunity of the family members to familiarise with the IEEE activities.
Workshop for Counselling Handicapped Children
A Workshop was organised on 23 October 2016 for counselling handicapped children and their parents about technologies to assist them and what all courses of study are suitable for them by Kerala Section with YPs and SIGHT members leading the activity.
Volunteer Training Program
LMAG Kerala organized a one-day Volunteer Leadership Training Workshop for the Young Professionals and WIE members of Kerala Section on Sunday, 30 Oct 2016, at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Thrissur.
Kerala LMAG AGM (Annual General Meeting – with spouses)
The AGM for 2016 was held on 31. 12. 2016 at the Uthradam Towers, Gas House Road, Trivandrum to review the LMAG activities of 2016 and to chalk out programs for the coming year as well as to identify those who will lead Kerala LMAG in 2017.